2017 Data Harvest Schedule
The MSTCVS Harvest Schedule is now the same as the National Harvest Schedule. Once you are satisfied with the quality of your STS data file during the data submission time period, you may upload the file on the ARMUS website. File Upload Instructions.
MSTCVS Data Quality Checker
The MSTCVS Data Quality Checker is a tool developed by the MSTCVS Quality Collaborative exclusively for the Michigan Data Managers, and can be downloaded by clicking here. This tool will allow you to analyze your harvest file for the following quality checks:
- Diabetes – Risk factor Diabetes is no and A1c level is > than 6.5.
- Prolonged Vent– Prolonged Ventilation is yes and post operative ventilation hours are < 24.
Prolonged Ventilation is no and post operative ventilation hours are > 24.
- Discharge Date-Date of Discharge is missing or is prior to Admission Date or Surgery Date.
- Length of Stay-Post op length of stay is < 2 days, discharge location is not “Other Acute Care Hospital” or “Hospice”, procedure is not “Transcatheter Valve Replacement” and mortality is no.
- Severe Chronic Lung Disease– Risk factor Chronic Lung Disease is none, mild or moderate and FEV1 is < 50 or PO2 < 60 or PCO2 > 50.
- Cath Date-Cardiac Catheterization Performed is yes and Cath Date is missing or is greater than 3 years prior to Surgery Date.
- Renal Failure– Renal Failure is no and Postoperative Creatinine Level > 4mg/dL (rise of 0.5 or more) or 3x > Last Creatinine preoperatively or Dialysis (newly required) is yes.
- Extubated in OR-Extubation in OR is yes and Initial Extubation Date and Time are after OR Exit Date and Time.
- Cross Clamp Time-Cross Clamp Time is < Cardiopulmonary Bypass Time and CPB Utilization is “Full or “Combination” and Circulatory Arrest is no.
- Readmission Date– Readmission is yes and Readmission Date is missing or is prior to Discharge Date.
2017 MSTCVS Quality Collaborative Performance Index Information
- 2017 Site Specific QI Progress Report – Due September 18, 2017
- 2017 Collaborative-Wide (readmission) QI Progress Report – Due September 18, 2017
- 2017 Site Specific Quality Initiative Identification Form – Due February 6, 2017
- 2017 Hospital CQI Performance Index
2016 MSTCVS Quality Collaborative Performance Index Information
- 2016 Site Specific QI Final Report – Due March 3, 2017
- 2016 Readmissions Final Report – Due March 3, 2017
- 2016 Hospital CQI Performance Index
- 2016 Hospital CQI Performance Index – Pneumonia Prevention Site Participants
- Other Readmission Report Template
- Cardiac Surgery Phase of Care Mortality Analysis (POCMA) Form
- TAVR Phase of Care Mortality Analysis (POCMA) Form
- Professional Development and Enrichment Funds (PDE) Policy and Request Form
- Professional Development and Enrichment Funds (PDE) Reimbursement Policy
- Results from the November 18, 2016 Data Manager Meeting
- Results from the August 11, 2016 Data Manager Meeting
- Results from the November 20, 2015 Data Manager Meeting
2016 Pneumonia Prevention Documents
- Data Manager Training Manual
- Pneumonia Prevention Presentation – March 11, 2016 Meeting – Must use Google Chrome to Open this Presentation
- Collection Form
- Infection Measures